I am an experienced Registered Dietitian who has worked in the NHS and the private sector. In the NHS I worked both in the acute setting in hospitals and also as a community Dietitian, providing dietetic clinics for a number of GP surgeries and giving educational talks. More recently I have worked in specialisms related to female health.
I graduated from the University of Surrey and have taken additional training in diabetes, behaviour change and FODMAPS.
When not working I am a mother of 2 grown up, but not grown away, daughters. I love eating, drinking good wine, growing food, crafts, country walks and keeping fit.
I am interested in everything food related and am passionate about ‘real food’ rather than over processed food full of additives and unrecognisable ingredients. I believe that eating well in a way that suits your lifestyle is the key to keeping well mentally and physically.
Before you attend your appointment I will ask you to fill out a food diary and food frequency questionnaire to help assess your current diet. I will then work with you so that together we can produce a tailored eating plan, which is achievable for you and fits in with your current lifestyle.
- B.Sc. (Hons) Nutrition & Dietetics, University of Surrey
- B.Sc (Hons) Life Sciences, University of Westminster
What I Treat
- Cholesterol Management
- Women’s Health
- Glycaemic Index (GI)/Glycaemic Load (GL)
- Healthy Eating/General Health
- Impaired glucose tolerance
- Insulin Resistance
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)/Functional bowel disorders
- Learning Disabilities
- Low FODMAP diet
- Men’s Health
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Obesity/Weight Management
- Pre-conception and pregnancy nutrition
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Dietary analysis
- Recipe analysis
- Nutrition workshops
- Healthy eating talks
- Training sessions
Professional Accreditation and Affiliation
- HCPC registered Registration No: DT11700
- Member of Association of British Dietitians 7386
- DSB clearance (formerly CRB check)
- Member of Association for the Study of Obesity (ASO)
- Member of Dietitians in Obesity Management of BDA
I have Professional Indemnity Insurance provided by the BDA.
I am registered with most of the major health insurance companies: BUPA (30034021), AXA (CT01621), Norwich Union (600054046), Prudential (PRU3603889), Standard Life (no number), WPA (920339111), However please be aware that they do not always cover either all conditions or the full cost of a consultation.
I am available at the Eastgate Gardens practice in Guildford by appointment.
Please see FAQs section for more information on what to expect at your consultation.
These are in line with those recommended by the Association of British Dietitians and reflect the additional time spent outside the consultation writing the report, preparing support materials and keeping up to date with current developments
- Initial Consultation (55 minutes) £90 (includes written report with recommendations)
- Follow up (25 minutes) £45
- Follow up on telephone (15 minutes) £20
- Package (Initial consultation 55 minutes plus 25 minutes follow up) £120
- Computerised dietary analysis £90 (includes written report with recommendations)
On requesting an appointment via our online booking system, the practitioner may well call you to confirm details before you meet. This initial telephone discussion of up to 10 minutes is free of charge, and is designed to confirm that it is indeed appropriate to proceed to a full consultation and is not designed to replace a consultation.