Dr Caroline Flisher is a Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist Child trained in the assessment and treatment of children and adolescents with a wide range of mental health problems. Dr Flisher has expertise in treating Neurodevelopmental conditions including ADHD and Autism. Dr Flisher works both as an NHS Consultant and has private practice at Healthcare on Demand in Guildford.
Dr Flisher completed a Medical degree at Newcastle University where she discovered her passion for helping children to recover from mental health problems. Dr Flisher was awarded membership of the Royal College of Psychiatrists in 2007 whilst completing general Psychiatry training on the Royal Free Hospital training scheme in North West London. Dr Flisher completed her specialist training in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry with the Great Ormond Street Hospital training programme.
Dr Flisher began her career as an inpatient Consultant with the Priory Group in Southampton where she won an award for CAMHS service development. Dr Flisher went on to co-found one of the UKs first fast track Autism assessment service in Oxfordshire. Dr Flisher has subsequently worked as a CAMHS Consultant for the NHS, Independent schools and private Healthcare services. She has worked with international clients from around the world.
Dr Flisher has a holistic and compassionate approach to assessing and treating children and adolescents. She understands the importance of family relationships, friendships, academic progress, psychoeducation, diet, nutrition and exercise for a healthy mind and the development of good self-esteem. The aim of Dr Flisher’s medical care is to provide the most appropriate support and treatment in order for your child to lead a happy, fulfilling life and go on to achieve their hopes and dreams. Dr Flisher works closely with ADHD life coaches, ADHD and Autism charities, Speech and Language Therapists, Nutritionists, Dieticians, Occupational Therapists and Chartered Clinical Psychologists should your child require any additional support or assessments.
Dr Flisher is a 123 magic licenced practitioner and offers 123 magic parenting courses for parents and carers. Dr Flisher has indepth knowledge of the learning support requirements for children with attention problems and learning difficulties.
Dr Flisher was a Trustee for the Addictions Charity Hum London and has spoken internationally on computer addiction and Autism. She has first-hand experience of Autism growing up alongside a gifted sibling with Asperger’s syndrome. Dr Flisher is a fully certified medical appraiser and offers appraisals for doctors involved with revalidation.
- Magic 123 Licenced Practitioner 2017
- Autism Diagnostic Interview (ADI-R) Administrator 2017
- Medical Appraiser certification 2017
- Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training (CCST) in Child Psychiatry 2013
- Masters in Business Administration (Dist.) 2013
- Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS) Administrator 2011
- Approved Clinician and Section 12 Approval 2011
- Membership of the Royal College of Psychiatrists 2007
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery Newcastle University 2002
- Bachelor of Medical Sciences Newcastle University 1999
Dr Flisher is an award winning Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist with 15 years experience working as a Psychiatrist in the NHS. Dr Flisher has expertise in assessing and treating a wide range of mental health disorders and neurodevelopmental conditions in children including ADHD and Autism. Dr Flisher also offers diagnosis and treatment of the following conditions: Tic disorders, Tourette’s syndrome, depression, psychosis, OCD, anxiety, challenging behaviour and computer addiction.
Diagnosis and treatment of the following conditions:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Autism Spectrum Condition
- Learning Difficulties
- Tic disorders
- Challenging behaviour and PDA
- Computer addiction
What therapies/services do I offer:
- 123 Magic Parenting course for parents and carers
- Neurofeedback and other non-medication treatments for ADHD/ADD
- Court reports
- ADOS assessments
- ADI-R assessments
- Medical Appraisals
Professional Accreditation and Affiliation
- General Medical Council (GMC)
- Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (RCPsych)
- Continuing Professional Development with the Royal College of Psychiatrists
Health insurer registration: