Dr Caroline Flisher is a Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist Child trained in the assessment and treatment of children and adolescents with a wide range of mental health problems. Dr Flisher has expertise in treating Neurodevelopmental conditions including ADHD and Autism. Dr Flisher works both as an NHS Consultant and has private practice at Healthcare on Demand in Guildford.
Dr Flisher completed a Medical degree at Newcastle University where she discovered her passion for helping children to recover from mental health problems. Dr Flisher was awarded membership of the Royal College of Psychiatrists in 2007 whilst completing general Psychiatry training on the Royal Free Hospital training scheme in North West London. Dr Flisher completed her specialist training in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry with the Great Ormond Street Hospital training programme.
Dr Flisher began her career as an inpatient Consultant with the Priory Group in Southampton where she won an award for CAMHS service development. Dr Flisher went on to co-found one of the UKs first fast track Autism assessment service in Oxfordshire. Dr Flisher has subsequently worked as a CAMHS Consultant for the NHS, Independent schools and private Healthcare services. She has worked with international clients from around the world.
Dr Flisher has a holistic and compassionate approach to assessing and treating children and adolescents. She understands the importance of family relationships, friendships, academic progress, psychoeducation, diet, nutrition and exercise for a healthy mind and the development of good self-esteem. The aim of Dr Flisher’s medical care is to provide the most appropriate support and treatment in order for your child to lead a happy, fulfilling life and go on to achieve their hopes and dreams. Dr Flisher works closely with ADHD life coaches, ADHD and Autism charities, Speech and Language Therapists, Nutritionists, Dieticians, Occupational Therapists and Chartered Clinical Psychologists should your child require any additional support or assessments.
Dr Flisher is a 123 magic licenced practitioner and offers 123 magic parenting courses for parents and carers. Dr Flisher has indepth knowledge of the learning support requirements for children with attention problems and learning difficulties.
Dr Flisher was a Trustee for the Addictions Charity Hum London and has spoken internationally on computer addiction and Autism. She has first-hand experience of Autism growing up alongside a gifted sibling with Asperger’s syndrome. Dr Flisher is a fully certified medical appraiser and offers appraisals for doctors involved with revalidation.
- Magic 123 Licenced Practitioner 2017
- Autism Diagnostic Interview (ADI-R) Administrator 2017
- Medical Appraiser certification 2017
- Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training (CCST) in Child Psychiatry 2013
- Masters in Business Administration (Dist.) 2013
- Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS) Administrator 2011
- Approved Clinician and Section 12 Approval 2011
- Membership of the Royal College of Psychiatrists 2007
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery Newcastle University 2002
- Bachelor of Medical Sciences Newcastle University 1999
Dr Flisher is an award winning Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist with 15 years experience working as a Psychiatrist in the NHS. Dr Flisher has expertise in assessing and treating a wide range of mental health disorders and neurodevelopmental conditions in children including ADHD and Autism. Dr Flisher also offers diagnosis and treatment of the following conditions: Tic disorders, Tourette’s syndrome, depression, psychosis, OCD, anxiety, challenging behaviour and computer addiction.
Diagnosis and treatment of the following conditions:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Autism Spectrum Condition
- Learning Difficulties
- Tic disorders
- Challenging behaviour and PDA
- Computer addiction
What therapies/services do I offer:
- 123 Magic Parenting course for parents and carers
- Neurofeedback and other non-medication treatments for ADHD/ADD
- Court reports
- ADOS assessments
- ADI-R assessments
- Medical Appraisals
Professional Accreditation and Affiliation
- General Medical Council (GMC)
- Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (RCPsych)
- Continuing Professional Development with the Royal College of Psychiatrists
Appointments & Fees
- Initial assessment fee including: assessment, diagnosis, care plan, clinical report – £395 for a 90 minute assessment.
- Follow-up consultation fee – £300 for 60 minutes or £160 for 30 minutes.
- Virtual consultations are available via the Healthcare On Demand Virtual booking system and are charged at – £160 for 60 minutes
- Medical Appraisals for doctors involved with re-validation – £595 – approximately 2 hours
- Autism Assessment –Please click HERE for full information on this multidisciplinary service
- Other services – fees upon request
Other useful information:
On requesting an appointment via our online booking system, Dr Flisher may well call you to confirm details before you meet. This initial telephone discussion lasts approximately 10 minutes and is free of charge. The telephone discussion is designed to confirm that it is indeed appropriate to proceed to a full assessment consultation and is not designed to replace a consultation.
The initial assessment appointment with Dr Flisher will last approximately 90 minutes. Prior to your appointment you may receive questionnaires to complete which should be returned prior to the appointment. The initial assessment involves gathering information to reach a shared understanding of the difficulties, education about the diagnosis and agreement on a treatment plan. A clinical report will be sent to the child and parents/guardians following the initial assessment appointment.
Follow-up consultations can last either 30 minutes or 60 minutes and can be completed in clinic or virtually. A clinical letter will be sent to the child and parents/guardian after the follow up consultation. The number of follow up appointments required per year can be discussed with Dr Flisher as part of the treatment plan. Requests for specialist assessments for example, ADHD assessments, Autism Spectrum Disorder assessments, booked 30 minute telephone consultations and court reports will incur a separate fee schedule which can be provided upon request.
Dr Flisher will accept self-funding patients. Self-funding payments should be made before or on the day of the appointment. Cash, cheques or direct bank transfers are accepted. Payment details will be provided on request.
For patients covered by AXA-PPP, 1st appointments will require self-funding from the family however follow up meetings can be invoiced to AXA-PPP.
If a prescription is issued within an appointment then there is no additional fee. Additional prescriptions will incur an administration fee of £15.
Requests to reschedule appointments will be accommodated wherever possible.
Dr Flisher works closely with GPs and would encourage parents to keep the child’s GP informed following consultations however, this is not an obligation. For repeat prescriptions a shared care agreement with the GP can be requested.
Health insurer registration: