About Lisa Harris
Lisa Harris is a Senior Consultant Speech and Language Therapist. She has over 20 years experience working in the rehabilitation of adults and children with communication, cognitive and swallowing difficulties resulting from neurological injury or disease. She has held several specialist posts in London NHS hospitals; has been head of department for two neurological rehabilitation units and a postgraduate clinical tutor at The City University, London.
Alongside her adult neurology work Lisa has established a successful paediatric service in the Surrey area working with children in mainstream schools with developmental communication and cognitive difficulties.
BSc Clinical Communications Studies.
What I Treat
Following any neurological injury or disease including stroke, brain tumour, head injury, Parkinson’s disease, MS or MND:
- Communication problems known as Dysphasia and Dysarthria
- Cognitive problems such as memory, attention, concentration, processing
- Swallowing problems, known as Dysphagia
- Developmental speech and language difficulties
- Cognitive difficulties, such as memory, concentration and processing
- Language processing difficulties
Professional Accreditation and Affiliation
- Member of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists
- Member of the Association of Speech and Language Therapists in Independent practice
- Registered with the health and care professions council
On requesting an appointment via our online booking system, the practitioner may well call you to confirm details before you meet. This initial telephone discussion of up to 10 minutes is free of charge, and is designed to confirm that it is indeed appropriate to proceed to a full consultation and is not designed to replace a consultation.
Initial assessment £120.00
Adult treatment session £100.00
Child treatment session £85.00
Lisa is registered with all of the main insurance groups.
I am available at the Eastgate Gardens practice in Guildford on Mondays and Thursdays and on other days by appointment.