Dr Mehrotra works as an Adult Consultant Psychiatrist at NHS and private hospitals in London, Windsor and Surrey. He is an Honorary Senior Lecturer in the School of Medicine at Imperial College. Dr Mehrotra has published widely in peer-reviewed journals in the field of mental health and psychiatry. He is also a recognised supervisor for undergraduate and postgraduate doctors both qualified and those undergoing clinical training. He has a strong clinical focus on developing personalised recovery plans with patient and family involvement. He works closely with allied professionals such as psychologists, occupational and art therapists and mental health nurses.
Dr Mehrotra trained as a medical doctor at Guy’s, Kings and St Thomas’s Hospitals (GKT) Medical School, London, qualifying as a medical doctor (Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery) in 1995. He has subsequently trained further in central London teaching hospitals.
He completed his basic and specialist psychiatry training from the Kings College/Maudsley Hospital scheme in London. During this time he obtained specialist training in Cognitive Analytical Therapy.
He was awarded Membership of Royal College of Psychiatrist (MRCPsych) in 2000. Dr Mehrotra has been on the Specialist Register as a Consultant Psychiatrist for General Adult Psychiatry & Rehabilitation Psychiatry since 2003.
He was appointed as a Wellcome Trust Research Psychiatrist from 2000-2002, Section of Cognitive Psychopharmacology at the Institute of Psychiatry (Kings College), London leading to a number of publications in peer reviewed journals as well as developing expert skills in the use of psychotropic medicines.
He has been awarded higher postgraduate qualifications including recognition as an legal expert in psychiatry.
Dr Mehrotra provides consultant input in both private and NHS settings; treating a broad range of conditions including personality disorder, depression, anxiety, post traumatic disorder (PTSD), dementia, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia and dual diagnosis. Many of these patients have associated substance misuse and alcohol problems.
- Certificate in Good Clinical Practice (National Institute of Health Research)
- Bond Solon Civil Procedure Rules for Expert Witnesses Certificate
- Membership Expert Witness Institute (MEWI)
- Approved under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act by the Department of Health
- Membership of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (MRCPsych)
- General Medical Council – Full Registration
- Medical degree (MB BS) Guy’s, Kings and St Thomas’s Medical School, University of London
Dr Mehrotra is a dedicated and compassionate psychiatrist with expertise across the spectrum of adult mental health problems. He understands that each person experiences life differently – it is the unique blend of emotions, thoughts, senses, memories and relationships that make us who we are.
When someone is having difficulties in any of these it can affect the whole of their life. At those times, it can be overwhelming, and the first step to reach out is a brave one. Whether it is through talking, complementary therapies, medicines or practical strategies, everyone has it within them to get better. Dr Mehrotra will help you plan your recovery step by step, without jargon, and with unerring hope.
What I Treat
Expertise in diagnosis and treatment (both medical and psychological) of:
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Panic Disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- ADHD in adults
- Alcohol or drug addiction
- Asperger’s condition
- Psychosexual disorders
- Medico-legal assessments
Professional Accreditation and Affiliation
- Associate member of the Association of Cognitive Analytical Therapists
- British Medical Association
- Medical Protection Society
- Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Registered for Continual Personal Development with the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Expert Witness Institute
- Member of International Early Psychosis Association
Registered and approved by all major healthcare insurers (BUPA, AXA / PPP, Aviva, Cigna, PruHealth, WPA etc).
Referrals can be made directly by patients as well as GPs, occupational health physicians and employers.
Appointment & Fees
- Initial consultation – £300 (approx 60 minutes)
- Follow-up consultations – £300 (approx 60 minutes) or £160 (approx 30 minutes)
- Autism Assessment –Please click HERE for full information on this multidisciplinary service
On requesting an appointment via our online booking system, the practitioner may well call you to confirm details before you meet. This initial telephone discussion of up to 10 minutes is free of charge, and is designed to confirm that it is indeed appropriate to proceed to a full consultation and is not designed to replace a consultation.
Dr Mehrotra will accept self funding patients. Payment should be made on the day of the appointment. Cash and cheques are accepted. Please contact to discuss payment options if needed.
Dr Mehrotra is a recognised provider by most private health insurance companies. In most policies you must call them in advance to gain their authorisation to proceed (you should receive a pre-authorisation number).
If a prescription is issued within an appointment then there is no additional fee.
Requests to reschedule appointments will be accommodated wherever possible.