This programme can be run on an in-house basis for groups, schools/colleges and businesses, which can be a very cost effective option. Please contact info@HealthcareOnDemand.org.uk for more information. We may also re-run this event on an open enrolment basis. If you are interested in this or any of our other courses/workshops/seminars, please register your interest HERE. We will then let you know when the next relevant event is open for registrations.
Children and adolescents with ASD often struggle to cope in a world which does not make a lot of sense to them, especially the social world. It is not easy for them to understand what others understand implicitly or to cope with the uncertainty and change which is part and parcel of everyday life. These challenges give rise to emotions, which they typically struggle to understand, let alone communicate to others, and become manifested in their behaviour. It is important that those who work with children and adolescents with ASD can make sense of the experience of the young person in order to help them become more confident in managing in a non-ASD world.
Those working and offering support in the following settings: Education (e.g. teachers, SENCOs, college tutors, mentors, special needs assistants), Health (GPs, Paediatric workers, Health Visitors, School Nurses), Social Care (social workers, family support workers, children’s centre workers), and Community & Voluntary services.
Psychological Therapies Learning Outcomes
- To gain a greater understanding of the challenges faced by children with ASD in managing emotions and how this impacts on their functioning and behaviour
- To feel more confident in helping children with ASD and their parents/carers, especially where there may be difficulties in accessing CAMHS support
- To provide Clinical Updates on best clinical psychology practice in the management of children with ASD
Dietetics Learning Outcomes
- To gain an overview of difficulties experienced by young people with ASD at mealtimes
- To be aware of strategies for supporting young people at mealtimes, particularly at school
- Update on the evidence for dietary treatment of ASD, including exposure of ‘dietary myths’
Occupational Therapy Learning Outcome
- To provide an overview of recent research in the area of sensory processing and to explore the emerging evidence for sensory based Occupational Therapy interventions
Speech and Language Therapy Learning Outcomes
- To gain an overview of social communication difficulties in the ASD individual
- To understand current approaches to overcoming early difficulties including PECS systems
- To learn about the research, together with practical demonstrations, of how Lego Therapy can help build core communication skills
Get In Touch
Call us with a general enquiry: 01483 33 88 50
Eastgate Gardens Practice
Please give us your feedback
We really want to give you the best clinical service(s) you could possibly have.
What do you value about the clinic, and what could we do to improve?
- NHS Autism Diagnoses Under ThreatMay 27, 2017 - 11:12 pm
- Useful new app for self harmMay 24, 2017 - 1:08 pm
- New Adult Autism Assessment service launched in SurreyMay 9, 2017 - 2:03 pm
- Beware the “Blue Whale Challenge”: An Alert for Parents and School StaffMay 8, 2017 - 9:52 am
- Healthcare On Demand are pleased to support “Doctors Adrift”, raising funds for Medecins Sans FrontieresMay 6, 2017 - 1:18 pm