This programme can be run on an in-house basis for groups, schools/colleges and businesses, which can be a very cost effective option. Please contact info@HealthcareOnDemand.org.uk for more information. We may also re-run this event on an open enrolment basis. If you are interested in this or any of our other courses/workshops/seminars, please register your interest HERE. We will then let you know when the next relevant event is open for registrations.
A workshop on understanding the condition and useful self help measures
What is IBS ?
IBS is a collection of gut symptoms. It is experienced by around 15% of the UK population and is common across a wide age range. Symptoms include nausea, constipation, diarrhoea, excessive wind, bloating, stomach cramps and lethargy. IBS can be a debilitating condition which can have a negative effect on quality of life. It is a chronic disease and often life-long.
IBS and Anxiety
Anxiety and IBS are often quite closely linked, and it is quite common for people who suffer from IBS to also suffer from anxiety. Many of the physical symptoms of anxiety are also similar to symptoms of IBS. Furthermore the symptoms of IBS can lead to an increase in anxiety or stress for the individual in many different situations. Learning strategies to deal with anxiety and stress can help in the management of IBS symptoms.
People experiencing IBS symptoms who would like to explore self help interventions which may alleviate symptoms
Topics to be Covered
- What is IBS?
- How is it diagnosed?
- Diet and lifestyle interventions that can help
- Are there any medications that can help?
- How strategies to reduce your stress and anxiety can help with IBS symptoms
- What is the low FODMAP diet and could it help?
The number of attendees is limited to a maximum of 8 to ensure a small group environment where participants will be free to ask questions. All participants will be asked to agree to respect the confidentiality of others attending the workshop.
The workshop will not take the place of an individual consultation with either practitioner but participants will be given written literature to support the topics covered at the workshop and are welcome to book an individual consultation at another time.
Enquires should be addressed to info@HealthcareOnDemand.org.uk
Get In Touch
Call us with a general enquiry: 01483 33 88 50
Eastgate Gardens Practice
Please give us your feedback
We really want to give you the best clinical service(s) you could possibly have.
What do you value about the clinic, and what could we do to improve?
- Announced – Most cost-effective interventions for PREVENTION of mental health problemsAugust 30, 2017 - 11:25 am
- NSPCC records 88% rise in children seeking help for online abuseAugust 17, 2017 - 5:15 pm
- What can management do to support the wellbeing of their workforce?July 16, 2017 - 6:51 pm
- Talking about suicide with BBC SurreyJune 12, 2017 - 12:00 pm
- HoD’s dietitian Dr Clare Thornton-Wood on “Picky Eaters”June 2, 2017 - 8:28 pm