6th February 2018
2nd May 2018
What is Introduction to Mental Health First Aid?
Introduction to Mental Health First Aid offers an introduction to young people’s mental health and to mental health issues.
What will I learn on a three hour Introduction to Mental Health First Aid course?
The aims of Introduction to Mental Health First Aid are to enable participants to:
- Gain an understanding of some of the common mental health issues affecting young people, including depression, anxiety, eating disorders and psychosis
- Work more effectively with young people living with mental health issues
- Identify stigma and discrimination surrounding mental health issues
- Support young people with a mental health issue and relate to their experiences
- Experience a taste of the contents of the Mental Health First Aid for Schools and Colleges course
How will I learn?
The Introduction to Mental Health First Aid course is a three hour session.
Our instructors provide a safe learning environment and are trained to support you throughout the whole course. If you don’t feel comfortable joining in certain parts, then there is no pressure to do so.
How do I book onto a course?
You can register for the 16th November (afternoon) event by clicking HERE.
You’ll receive a Youth MHFA Lite manual that you can take away with you at the end of the course and a certificate .
If this particular date does not work for you, or you would prefer to have an in house course, you can email info@HealthcareOnDemand.org.uk and we will the help you with your enquiry.
What does it cost?
MHFA (England) value the Youth MHFA Lite course at £75 per person.
Healthcare On Demand are pleased to offer a pro bono subsidy of £25 per place, so reducing the cost to just £50.
For enquires or to request payment by invoice please contact us at info@HealthcareOnDemand.org.uk