This programme can be run on an in-house basis for groups, schools/colleges and businesses, which can be a very cost effective option. Please contact info@HealthcareOnDemand.org.uk for more information. We may also re-run this event on an open enrolment basis. If you are interested in this or any of our other courses/workshops/seminars, please register your interest HERE. We will then let you know when the next relevant event is open for registrations.
This workshop is designed for women with an interest in optimizing their health and wellbeing in midlife.
A range of Healthcare On Demand experts will lead sessions addressing different aspects of maintaining good physical and mental wellbeing. Physical elements will be addressed by expert clinicians who will discuss diet, nutrition and musculoskeletal health. Psychological team members will explore the shift in relationships and changing roles in the family that often come with midlife. These elements, plus dealing with major life events and their associated psychological and physical demands will be explored, giving attendees the opportunity to engage with experts and peers in addressing issues that often remain unspoken in our contemporary society.
In addition, some complementary therapist will be on hand to informally discuss other useful approaches to caring for oneself at this stage of life.
Those who wish to access reliable, authoritative information to enable women to live healthy, happy lives in middle years and beyond. No specific scientific or medical knowledge will be assumed, and the workshop is open to women experiencing, or expecting to experience mid-life changes in the decade ahead, plus those who seek to support them in a variety of roles.
Dietary Advice during and after the Menopause
- To gain a greater understanding of how the foods you consume may be contributing to menopausal symptoms
- To feel more confident about changing your diet and making different food choices to help improve symptoms
- To provide a short update on current evidence for supplements to help with symptoms
Maintaining and Improving Joint Health in Everyday Life
- To understand the basic physiology of joints, and how joint health is regulated and maintained by the body – the process of “wear & tear” versus repair.
- To acquire, and understand the benefits of, some simple and accessible tools for supporting and reinforcing the natural process of repair in joints. These will include specific exercises, ergonomic changes and hydrotherapy methods.
- To find easy ways in which to incorporate the most beneficial tools discovered during the session into a busy schedule.
Emotional Complexity of Midlife
- To provide an overview of the main developmental tasks of midlife and consider some of the psychological and psychotherapeutic theories which can assist us in understanding the emotional complexity of this stage of life
- To appreciate the importance of stressful life events, the social world of midlife and recognise the significance of changes in close relationships
- To understand the evidence about depression, anxiety and stress in midlife
- To provide ideas on quick-wins, prevention, early warning signals, tips, tricks and traps
- To update on help and resources that are available
Get In Touch
Call us with a general enquiry: 01483 33 88 50
Eastgate Gardens Practice
Please give us your feedback
We really want to give you the best clinical service(s) you could possibly have.
What do you value about the clinic, and what could we do to improve?
- GDPR Ready!May 21, 2018 - 11:18 am
- EVENT: The Modern Workplace – Thriving or Surviving?March 22, 2018 - 12:57 pm
- We welcome a new Psychologist for Teens to the HoD TeamMarch 9, 2018 - 5:25 pm
- Our Mental Health Crisis: Insight 5 of 10February 12, 2018 - 1:48 am
- Parenting Problems? Specialist Coach is on hand…January 2, 2018 - 12:59 pm