I graduated from the University of Surrey with a BSc in Nutrition and Dietetics and am a Registered Dietitian. After a period in adult dietetics I have undertaken additional training in paediatrics, taking 2 MSc Modules in Paediatric Dietetics at the University of Plymouth. I work locally as a paediatric dietitian for the NHS and also as the dietitian at a boarding school for children/young adults with severe epilepsy and autistic spectrum disorder (ASD). I have undertaken additional training in a number of areas, including autistic spectrum disorder/ADHD, allergy, neurodisability, coeliac disease, diabetes, eating disorders and weight management. Clinical practice is constantly evolving and I regularly attend study days, meetings and conferences to keep my practice up to date.
When not working, I am a wife, mother of three children and a keen musician, performing in a number of local orchestras and choirs. I also love to cycle and of course cook, invent and adapt recipes and eat!
Prior to your appointment I will ask you to fill out a questionnaire with details of medical conditions, medications and a food diary. During the consultation I will talk with you and, if the appointment is for a child and they are old enough, I will also involve them in the discussion. I am passionate about involving the whole family as much as possible in any dietary and lifestyle changes, putting everyone at ease, making it fun for children and working together to achieve long-lasting changes that are realistic and fit with your lifestyle.
For younger children I may ask you to bring along your “red book” and I may measure weight and height and plot these.
- BSc(Hons) Nutrition and Dietetics – University of Surrey
- MSc Modules 1 and 2 in Paediatric Dietetics – University of Plymouth
- PhD (Acoustical and mechanical properties of musical instrument reeds) – University of Reading
- BA(Hons) Music – University of Reading
What I Treat
Nutritional and Dietetic aspects of:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Blood cholesterol management
- Coeliac Disease
- Chronic diarrhoea
- Early years’ nutrition
- Eating Disorders
- Faltering Growth
- Food Allergy
- Food Intolerance
- Computerised dietary analysis
- Education sessions/talks on healthy eating/dietary conditions
- Training sessions for staff
- Menu planning and computerised menu analysis for nurseries/schools
Professional Accreditation and Affiliation
- HCPC registered Registration No: DT25708
- Member of Association of British Dietitians 9424
- Enhanced DSB clearance (formerly CRB check)
- Member of BDA Paediatric Group
- Member of Food Allergy and Intolerance Group of BDA
- Member of Mental Health Dietitians Group of BDA
- Member of Dietitians in Autism
I am available at the Eastgate Gardens practice in Guildford on Saturday mornings at other times by appointment.
Please see FAQs section for more information on what to expect at your consultation.
Health Insurance Companies
I am registered with all the main health insurance providers. Most health insurance companies are prepared to cover the cost of a dietetic consultation on receipt of a referral from a GP or Consultant. In addition to those listed below a number of companies register on receipt of a claim form.
AXA PPP Healthcare – CT01848
BUPA – 30047018,
Simply Health (Vitality Health)
WPA – 920687817
These are in line with those recommended by the Association of British Dietitians and reflect the additional time spent outside the consultation writing the report, preparing support materials and keeping up to date with current clinical practice.
Initial Consultation (60 minutes) £110 (includes written report with recommendations)
Follow up (30 minutes) £55
On requesting an appointment via our online booking system, the practitioner may well call you to confirm details before you meet. This initial telephone discussion of up to 10 minutes is free of charge, and is designed to confirm that it is indeed appropriate to proceed to a full consultation and is not designed to replace a consultation.