I’m a friendly and empathetic Registered Dietitian, who can help you improve your relationship with food; empower you to change your eating habits and reach your health goals.
I translate evidence-based nutritional science… holistically with a healthy dose of pragmatism so that any dietary changes suggested (and agreed by you) are designed to fit into your lifestyle… if it’s not practical and sustainable, it’s not going to work for you, is it?
So whether it’s weight loss, muscle gain, improving IBS symptoms, improving blood glucose levels and reducing insulin resistance, managing energy levels or supporting a healthy digestive system, I’ll help you to understand how your diet affects your wellbeing. Whilst I’ve wide-ranging experience of all areas of nutrition and dietetics, my particular areas of specialism include:
- weight management
- support and advice following bariatric surgery
- cardiovascular health
- gastrointestinal/digestive disorders
- IBS (including the FODMAP approach)
As a media spokesperson for the British Dietetic Association, you may occasionally see me pop up on TV, radio or in printed media giving comment or advice on nutritional issues.
BSc (Hons) Nutrition & Dietetics (University of Surrey)
I have NHS clinical experience in both primary and secondary care settings; working in acute and community hospitals, mental health inpatient services and running outpatient clinics at GP surgeries.
What I Treat
Nutritional and dietary aspects of:
- Bariatric Surgery (pre and post surgery support and advice)
- Cardiovascular Health
- Cholesterol Management
- Chronic Diarrhoea
- Diabetes and insulin resistance
- Eating Disorders (MDT approach with psychological support)
- Food Intolerance
- Gastrointestinal disorders (Coeliac Disease, Crohns Disease, Ulcerative Colitis)
- Healthy Eating/General Health
- Iron Deficiency Anaemia
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)/Functional bowel disorders
- FODMAP diet
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Vitamin and mineral deficiencies
- Weight Maintenance/Management
- Women’s health (preconception, pregnancy, postnatal, menopause)
- Computerised dietary analysis
- Education sessions/talks on healthy eating/dietary conditions
- Training sessions for staff
- Menu planning and computerised menu analysis for care homes
- HCPC registered: DT27749
- Member of British Dietetic Association: 11527
- Media spokesperson for British Dietetic Association
- Member of BDA Freelance Dietitians Group
- Member of BDA Diabetes Specialist Group
However please be aware that they do not always cover either all conditions or the full cost of a consultation, you are advised to check with your health insurers.
These are in line with those recommended by the British Dietetic Association and reflect the additional time spent outside the consultation writing the report, preparing support materials and keeping up to date with current clinical practice.
Initial telephone consultation (~10 minutes): FREE
Initial consultation (~60 minutes): £110
- Diet Review: you’ll be asked to keep a food/symptom diary, to be returned to me by email, so that I can analyse and research before our consultation. This method is far more effective than trying to remember what you have eaten.
- Body Composition Analysis: there’ll be an assessment of body fat carried, using electrical impedance. This is a more accurate indicator of health than just weight or BMI.
- Information Pack: you will be given information sheets to help guide you through diet changes.
- Consultation Summary (with Action Plan): After our consultation, you will receive a comprehensive summary of our conversation, including an action plan with links to other relevant resources.
- Email Support: when a review appointment is booked, you will receive unlimited email support between consultations offering guidance and support.
Review consultation (~60 minutes): £90
Review consultation (~30 minutes): £45
Follow up on telephone (~15 minutes): £20
Computerised dietary analysis £90 (includes written report with recommendations)
On requesting an appointment via our online booking system, the practitioner may well call you to confirm details before you meet.
This initial telephone discussion of up to 10 minutes is free of charge, and is designed to confirm that it is indeed appropriate to proceed to a full consultation and is not designed to replace a consultation.
Cancellation and Fail to Attend Policy
If you cancel an appointment with less than 48 hours notice, or fail to attend an appointment, you may incur a fee. Charges will be dependent on the length of the appointment.