Katherine is a Consultant Clinical Psychologist with over 25 years of experience in working with adults in both physical and mental health services in the NHS . She has worked as a clinician since starting in the NHS and for more than 10 years has also worked in the leadership and development of individuals and teams.
Katherine has training and experience in a range of models including:
– Cognitive and behavioural approaches (both cognitive-behavioural and the more recently developed contextual behavioural approaches),
– Systemic psychotherapy (She has a full Masters level degree in systemic psychotherapy in addition to my clinical psychology qualification)
– Coaching psychology.
– She enjoys working with the ever-growing psychological knowledge base around human potential.
What I Treat
Katherine’s specialisms at Healthcare on Demand are:
- The psychological and mind-body connect aspects of living with long term physical health conditions.
- Adjustment to change and loss.
She will be able to work with you on identifying and negotiating around blocks and growing the particular skill set needed to move forward and make the most of your life alongside health challenges.
Professional Accreditation and Affiliation
I am a Registered Psychologist with the Health and Care Professions Council who are responsible for the statutory regulation of the profession. My registration number is PYL 17761 which can be found on the public register at www.hcpc.org.uk.
Wessex In-Service Training Scheme 1991-1994: Diploma in Clinical Psychology
Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust 2005-2007: Masters in Systemic Psychotherapy
University of Sheffield 1995-1996: Diploma in Clinical Hypnosis
University of Mid-Glamorgan 1986-1989: BSc Behavioural Sciences
- Session Fee £110 (50 minute individual session)
- Written feedback is available on request and charged separately
On requesting an appointment via our online booking system, the practitioner may well call you to confirm details before you meet. This initial telephone discussion of up to 10 minutes is free of charge, and is designed to confirm that it is indeed appropriate to proceed to a full consultation and is not designed to replace a consultation.
Terms and conditions, including payment and cancellation policy (48 hour notice), are discussed during first consultation.
I am available at the Eastgate Gardens clinic in Guildford on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings by appointment. Other times, including weekends, can be arranged.