We all have our own internal resources to deal with life’s challenges, but they can sometimes seem overwhelmed during particularly difficult times.
This is why, during our life, we may need a psychological support to help us to deal with a critical period or ongoing difficulties, such as school/professional issues, separation, family breakdown, anxiety, depression, addiction and many more…
As a Clinical Psychologist, French-qualified, I work with children, adolescents and their families, as well as adults and couples dealing with personal difficulties, to help them understand and, if necessary, change their behaviours, thoughts and emotions, so as to reduce their distress and to allow them to move on to a more fulfilling life.
When one engages in a psychological therapy, one undertakes a process of change, which can be challenging and requires a close cooperation with the therapist. It is therefore essential that you find someone you trust and feel comfortable with, to engage in this journey together.
I offer a caring, confidential, empathetic, non-judgmental and collaborative environment where individuals can feel safe in revealing experiences, thoughts and feelings that have led to stress and difficulties in their lives.
The initial consultation is a time of encounter, with a view to building a base for a trusting relationship. It is a session where we can explore your questions, difficulties and expectations. After this first meeting, if we decide to start a therapeutic work together, we will define its orientation and conditions.
I use a range of therapeutic approaches including Psychodynamic (Psychoanalytic) Therapy, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT), according to the needs of each client.
- MSc (Hons) in Psychopathology and Clinical Psychology (Lyon II University, France), 2013
- University Degree in Clinical Criminology (Lyon I University, France), 2011
- BSc in Psychology (Lyon II University, France), 2010
- Suicidal Crisis: Prevention and Management (INFOR Health training), 2014
I have worked for almost 5 years with children, adolescents, adults and families, individually and in groups, in a wide range of settings: primary and secondary school, alcoholism and addiction centre, psychotherapeutic nursing home and prisons.
I also currently provide Autism Spectrum Disorders and Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders screenings for children, adolescents and adults, working in close collaboration with Speech and Language Therapists and Consultant Psychiatrists at the Healthcare on Demand clinic.
What I treat
I have experience and particular interest in assessing and treating a wide range of difficulties, which include:
- Difficulties related to Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders (ADHD/ADD)
- School-related issues, including peer relationship difficulties
- Work-related stress
- Difficulties associated with parenting, family/couple life, adoption, separation/divorce
- Challenging, oppositional and defiant behaviours
- Anxiety disorders: panic, fears and phobias, Generalized Anxiety Disorders (GAD), Obsessive Compulsive Disorders (OCD)
- Emotional regulation difficulties, including self-harm, eating disorders and addictions: alcohol, drug, polydrug, and behavioural addictions (gambling, internet/social media, video games, sport and sexual addiction)
- Low mood / Depression
Professional Accreditation and Affiliation
I am registered as a Clinical Psychologist with the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC) – registration number: PYL35293.
The HCPC regulates health and care professionals in order to protect the public.
Only professionals who meet their standards for their training, professional skills, behaviour and health are registered and allowed to use the protected title “Clinical Psychologist”.
I am available at the Healthcare on Demand Clinic in Guildford on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 am to 7 pm, by appointment.
Languages: English, French
- Initial consultation/Assessment: £110 (up to 90-minute session)
- Therapy session: £90 (50-minute session)
- Reduced fees for students/unemployed individuals (upon presentation of supporting documents): £75
- Couple/Familial consultation: £110 (50-minute session)
- Written Reports: available upon request and charged separately
I am currently registered with Aviva, AXA-PPP and Vitality Health.
Please note that the full session fee will be charged for appointments missed or cancelled without a minimum of 48 hours prior notice.
For screening assessments (ASD and ADHD) you will be invoiced, and can make a bank transfer. Please note, payment is required prior to release of the screening report.
For other types of consulation – payment is due by cash or cheque at the beginning of each session.