By the time an average class of 30 young people reach their 16th birthdays:
• 10 of them will have witnessed their parents separate.
• Three will have suffered from mental health problems.
• Eight will have experienced severe physical violence, sexual abuse or neglect.
• Three will be living in a step family.
• One will have experienced the death of a parent.
• Seven will report having been bullied.
The Good Childhood Report 2015 states: “Children in England experienced the highest levels of emotional bullying out of all of the countries surveyed, with 50% of children reporting being left out by their classmates, and over a third (38%) of children having been hit by other children, in the last month.”
See more in the article featuring a Healthcare On Demand Practitioner by clicking HERE