This programme can be run on an in-house basis for groups, schools/colleges and businesses, which can be a very cost effective option. Please contact info@HealthcareOnDemand.org.uk for more information. We may also re-run this event on an open enrolment basis. If you are interested in this or any of our other courses/workshops/seminars, please register your interest HERE. We will then let you know when the next relevant event is open for registrations.
A Workshop for Families, Friends and the “Worried Well”
We’ve all lost our keys or forgotten an acquaintance’s name.
When we’re young, we don’t tend to pay much attention to these lapses, but as we grow older, sometimes we worry about what these incidents mean. While it’s true that certain brain changes are inevitable when it comes to ageing, major memory problems are not necessarily one of them. That’s why it’s important to know the difference between normal age-related forgetfulness and the symptoms that may indicate a potentially serious problem – and one that may be treatable.
This small group workshop is designed for anyone who has a particular interest in gaining an insight into these important issues. It is also appropriate for those who suspect they or someone close to them may be at risk of developing a memory deficit, and would like to understand how best to deal with these potentially challenging issues.
The audience will therefore be drawn from diverse backgrounds including private individuals, the charity/ voluntary sector, health and other statutory services.
This workshop aims are:
- To provide better understand of what memory loss is, and the difference between memory loss and dementia
- To identify the difference between reversible and irreversible types of memory loss
- To give guidance on when it is appropriate to seek help
- To identify sources of reliable advice, from effective diagnosis/assessment through to proven effective interventions, including currently available drug treatments
The number of attendees is limited to ensure a highly interactive small group environment. All participants will be asked to agree to respect the confidentiality of others attending the workshop.
The workshop will be led by a multidisciplinary team of professionals from the Healthcare On Demand clinic in central Guildford, including:
Enquires should be addressed to info@HealthcareOnDemand.org.uk
Get In Touch
Call us with a general enquiry: 01483 33 88 50
Eastgate Gardens Practice
Please give us your feedback
We really want to give you the best clinical service(s) you could possibly have.
What do you value about the clinic, and what could we do to improve?
- Three-quarters of mental health problems are established by the age of 24.October 19, 2017 - 11:38 pm
- Introducing Dr Jenny Draisey, Child Psychologist.October 5, 2017 - 12:31 am
- Our Mental Health Crisis – Insight 3 of 10October 2, 2017 - 10:33 pm
- Our Mental Health Crisis – Insight 2 of 10October 1, 2017 - 3:28 pm
- Our Mental Health Crisis – Insight 1 of 10September 30, 2017 - 2:23 pm