This programme can be run on an in-house basis for groups, schools/colleges and businesses, which can be a very cost effective option. Please contact info@HealthcareOnDemand.org.uk for more information. We may also re-run this event on an open enrolment basis. If you are interested in this or any of our other courses/workshops/seminars, please register your interest HERE. We will then let you know when the next relevant event is open for registrations.
This is an eight-week mindfulness course designed for teachers and others working in the school/ pastoral setting which will run at weekly intervals for one ( or 1.5) hour. The course will provide an introduction to mindfulness, outlines what mindfulness is and how individuals can learn to be more mindful in their everyday life, including their professional environment. The course aims to teach a combination of traditional mindfulness exercises alongside contemporary ones to make mindfulness accessible to all individuals and to allow dissemination of the principles through the school community.
The first half of the course will focus on the theoretical underpinnings of mindfulness alongside short mindfulness exercises. The latter half of the course will focus on extending the mindfulness exercises and enabling the group to practice being mindful for greater periods of time and to explore a range of exercises. Each session will suggest mindfulness tasks to be carried out during the week and the programme leader will gain feedback from group members the following week.
- Initial thoughts re: mindfulness
- Preconceptions /previous experience of mindfulness
- Origins and benefits of mindfulness
- Theory/evidence for mindfulness
- Mindfulness and the brain – some neuroscience
- Barriers and obstacles to mindfulness
- Exploring difficulty
- Radical acceptance
- Judgement defusion
- Stress and anxiety
- Mindfulness and compassion
- The compassionate mind
- Thoughts and feelings and the impact of these on mindfulness
- 3 minute breath
- Mindfulness “What” skills
- Autopilot – being mindful and mindless
- Mindfulness of body and breath
- Mindfulness “How” skills
- Sounds and thoughts meditation
- Mindfulness with music
- Chocolate meditation
- Body scan exercise
- Mindful movement
- Mindful games
- Focus on a single object
- Mindfulness of emotions
- Mindfulness colouring/drawing
A Healthcare On Demand psychological therapies practitioner – typically a Psychologist, with a minimum of a first degree, a doctorate and five years plus of post qualification experience.
Given the fast pace of change and the frequency of new research within psychological therapies, all HoD practitioners regularly attend workshops, conferences and short training courses in order to keep up to date with the latest research and models of best practice.
All HoD practitioners are registered with the relevant professional bodies e.g. Health Care Professions Council (HCPC) or the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
Get In Touch
Call us with a general enquiry: 01483 33 88 50
Eastgate Gardens Practice
Please give us your feedback
We really want to give you the best clinical service(s) you could possibly have.
What do you value about the clinic, and what could we do to improve?
- Three-quarters of mental health problems are established by the age of 24.October 19, 2017 - 11:38 pm
- Introducing Dr Jenny Draisey, Child Psychologist.October 5, 2017 - 12:31 am
- Our Mental Health Crisis – Insight 3 of 10October 2, 2017 - 10:33 pm
- Our Mental Health Crisis – Insight 2 of 10October 1, 2017 - 3:28 pm
- Our Mental Health Crisis – Insight 1 of 10September 30, 2017 - 2:23 pm